When challenged by relationships, do you Own the Calm or give it away? This workshop is the centrepiece of Diane’s custom programming, and serves as an anchor to all other workshops.
When you “Own the Calm” the real you can show up when you’re ready to connect and make decisions about productive relationships.
- Participants will build a customized approach to Owning the Calm when facing difficult situations at work and in life.
- 2 to 4 hours
Why can’t people just get along?
We all have different personalities. This can lead to disagreements about many things in the workplace. Connecting with YOURSELF can raise your self-awareness and help you accept how others think, feel, and behave as different, not wrong.
- Participants will learn about their own preferred behaviours, develop a better understanding of others, and recognize the options they have to improve workplace relationships every day.
- 2-4 hours
Do you want your employees to deliver excellent service regardless of how different their customers and co-workers are from them?
It’s easier to connect with people who are similar to us, but we CAN learn to appreciate and value each other’s differences and accentuate the positives.
- Participants will learn the mechanics of communication such as active listening and non-verbal cues, as well as the many differences (such as culture, sexuality, and gender identification) that can get in the way of awesome workplace relationships.
- 3 hours
How successful was your last difficult conversation with an employee or co-worker?
Some workplace conversations can be awkward. Whether you find it challenging to discuss a conflict with another person, or praise others and give credit, this workshop can help you connect in a way that feels safe before, during, and after the conversation that is difficult for you.
- Participants will have opportunities to plan and safely practice having difficult conversations.
- 2-4 hours
What is one change in your life that would make a huge positive difference?
Change is difficult and stressful, even when we choose it. Change is more difficult when we have no choice but accept it. Employees leave organizations when the stress is too high, either in body or in spirit. Connecting WHY change is desired or required with what matters most to YOU can soften the blow and give you a sense of control.
- Participants will consider what they want more of from their work lives and create a plan to reach those goals.
- 1-3 hours
How much longstanding conflict is in your organization?
Of course people are not always going to agree with each other. It’s easy to avoid or deny the existence of conflict and hope it goes away — until productivity suffers, accidents increase, rates of absenteeism rise, and customer service standards go down. Conflict is a fact of life. Decide to resolve it or let go.
- Participants will learn a simple but effective process to decide whether to resolve a conflict or let it go.
- 2-4 hours
Do your employees need help connecting with their customers?
To provide excellent service and establish relationships, employees must sincerely connect with both internal and external customers.
- Participants will reconnect with why happy customers are the key to professional satisfaction and feeling a sense of accomplishment and connection.
- 1-3 hours